What is Summer Servants?
Summer Servants is designed to help you grow in your faith, discover how God has uniquely gifted you, and develop your own abilities to serve others!
Even if you don’t think you’re a leader, that’s okay! Summer Servants is a great FIRST STEP in learning to become a leader.
In fact, lots of the leaders at New Heights (both staff and volunteers) point to Summer Servants as being instrumental in their own walks with Christ!
What will the gatherings look like?
We’ll meet together once a week on Thursday afternoons from 4:00-5:30 pm over the summer to read Scripture, go through a book, and complete learning assignments together.
How do I join?
There is an application process. In order to be selected to be part of Summer Servants, you’ll need to complete the application and interview with a staff member of New Heights or a leader at HSM.
There are certain commitments as well because we want to hold all student leaders to a high standard.
If that sounds scary, don’t worry! You can do this!
What are the commitments?
Not everyone will be able to participate in Summer Servants because of the time commitment & requirements involved — that’s okay!
We still appreciate your influence and you are likely still a great leader! But in order to invest in this specific group, we have a few requirements:
If I’m selected to join, Summer Servants, I’m committing to…
- Regularly attend adult worship services at one of our campuses (either on Thursday nights or Sunday mornings)
- HSM isn’t a replacement for church — we are part of the larger church family! So we want to prioritize worshipping on the weekend!
- Regularly attend HSM through the summer – well, that one was probably obvious 🙂
- Attend our weekly Summer Leadership Training meetings (see dates below)
- Regularly serve in ministry at our church (not in HSM) this summer
- Part of Summer Servants is learning how to serve! So, we’ll ask every student to apply to serve in a ministry in the church — kids min, tech, worship, etc…
- Must be willing to live in line with biblical standards and set an example for others
What’s the schedule this summer?
As a summer servants team, we will meet weekly on the following dates. Students are expected to be at every meeting and can miss no more than 3 meetings this year for travel, etc.
- May 21 – Application Due
- June 22 – First Summer Servants Meeting, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- June 29 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
- July 6 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
- July 13 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
- July 20 – Black Lake – No Summer Servants Gathering
- July 27 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
- Aug 3 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
- Aug 10 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
- Aug 17 – Summer Servants, 4:00-5:30 pm
Here’s how to sign up!
Pray about where God might want you to serve this year.
Talk with your parents about the commitments to determine if you can meet them.
Complete the application by May 21
Interview with one of our student ministry leaders to talk about
your application and where you want to serve this summer!